Monday, July 13, 2009

the blur

I don't even know where to start.

Since father's day, (in no particular order)

  • we've had plenty park trips (checking out the bugs here)


  • Derek finished his 1st year of teaching

  • golf, golf, golf (still none for me yet)

  • kids festivals

  • a couple bridal showers

(the bride is on the left, but their outfits just needed a pic together.)

(and yes, it was as good as it looked, mmmm)



  • 10km road race

(derek had to go play in the family softball tournament right after he finished the race)



  • gave talks in church

  • cousin Caroline got baptized

  • about 5 birthday's were had

  • July 1st celebrations

  • a couple weddings to follow those showers, and the planning to go with it!  phew.  The weddings are getting a post of their own coming soon.



  • a 7 year anniversary for us (no pics cause we did nothing...yet)

  • various picnics and family bbq's (and yes, james has had a haircut since this picture.  actually we all have)

  • cousins, cousins everywhere

  • cooling off when it actually got hot enough



  • camping in Kelowna (minus me and James, we're bums)



  • plenty of girls time (as in plenty of late nights to turn me delirious in the best way)

  • a supposed to be fun filled gals and kids day outside got rained out but was still fun inside with a million kids going wild.  (this was about a quater of the people who came.)


  • keeping up with these 2


  • one single shift at work which actually made me miss out on another family fun day, so that was no fair

  • weeding of the garden which was completely neglected during all of the above

Is that all?  It's such a blur, I can't remember it all.  I missed a lot of photo ops, but I think this is more than enough here.

James took a nice looong nap in his own bed for the first time in like 3 weeks today.  After a morning of cleaning and thunder and lightning storm, the rest of us decided we needed one to.

I feel like we did so much in first couple weeks of summer there is nothing left to do, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find a way fill it.  

I LOVE summer!

16 comments:

Susie said...

oh my goodness. I have been putting it off to update the ol' blog. But I don't think I can compare to your craziness WOWEE! Looks like Derek got a haircut too. I hope your plans include coming to visit us.

Susie said...

what? your homely park pics didn't make the cut. I am glad you got a busty shot of me.

Mindi said...

Looks like fun! Loved the post. And when did that girls party happen? I was so sad when I was up that it just didn't happen and I was home for 3 weeks! Next time ladies, next time!

Stephanie said...

Fun pictures!!

Christal said...

holy girl!! You keep busy!! Love all the pictures! Looks like so much fun quite the summer for you guys so far eh!! Loved the thunder party and all the kids craziness it was fun! I love your posts! ttys

ashley b said...

great post, great pics, and it's about time you updated!! haha. thanks for letting us crash your party, we missed you guys.

Just Rhonda said...

Glad to see you updated! :) All the pics are great!

DeAnna said...

Wow pictures! I have one of these posts to do, life during summer just seems to be so jam packed!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

After reading Susies comment, I had to go back and find the 'busty' shot of her. lol

Karen said...

It looks like your having a great summer! I wish it would get warm enough to feel like summer up here. We are counting down for our two weeks at the cabin so we can thaw out!!

melissa said...

Woo hoo!! I've been anxiously awaiting a new post! It looks like you guys have had so much fun this summer! I'm dying to come up and play. Also...I'm secretly jealous of all of your comments. I've been posting like a mad man lately, but I still need to win my audience back after my hiatus. haha!

lynz said...

wow - i feel tired after reading that post! so much going on for you guys! oh and sadness filled my heart as i saw the girls night pics :( just can't get over it!

Jaime said...

Busy girl! Cute pictures as well, Derek's sister looked amazing!

Caylee said...

Holy update! Busy busy busy! I love it all - love the pic of all the Baldry kids with Kari & Rog! Crazy. :)
Brett & I are not that close but I sure wish I could have attended that bridal shower - looks yummy!!

melissa said...

hahahaha! I have tears!! I just read all of your comments on my blog and I pretty much cried from laughter. I actually needed that! You are retarded...and I love it...and that is why we're friends!

Ashley Dawn said...

I think I need to do a blur post too. I just keep writing down the little things that I KNOW I'll forget and never get to the BIG ones. Watch for it. I think I'll be copying you.