Tuesday, June 23, 2009

forgot

Left my camera in raymond following the father's day festivities. I did take a couple pics of the kids and their daddy before church, so maybe later. But we sure do love our dad and all that.

And on that note here's a pic of me, haha.


I do have a few from that trip to waterton if you care to browse.

I'd like to confess that I FINALLY got James off the bottle.  (my confession is not that he is off the bottle, but that he was on the bottle until 2 weeks ago) I know, he's 2.  I think I had to wait until I was ready.  It was my comfort for making bed/naptime easier.  Now, bedtime pretty much sucks and naptime is almost non existent.  Sad, very sad.  But with some kind force he is napping right now.  Oh James.  I haven't bought milk in a week and there is still a quarter of the jug left, now how do I get him to drink milk during the day?

(grandma with all her grankids minus sadie. hurry and get back here sadie!)

I have to say some things that James does right now, because he's been doing it forever, and I probably won't forget, but just in case, because I think it's the cutest.  He always puts his hand down the back of his pants when he is tired or sleeping.  And he is obsessed with tags.  When he is tired and sleeping the hand that is not down his pants has found some sort of tag from his shirt on the side or the back or his little stuffed animal tag, he has ALWAYS loved a good tag.  BUT, the little taggy blanket, no go, never liked it.

(there's his hand's spot, no tag feel in this pic though. and let's not even talk about the soother ok.)


Alli is growing up before my eyes, and I can't deny that she is turning from a toddler to a preschooler.  Kinda sad.  She asks me probably 27 times a day what time it is.  And half the time after she says, "What?!  are you serious?!"  I didn't get any pictures of her playing in her soccer games.  I know I suck, but I was kind of busy being a fool coach.  They cancelled the last game of the season yesterday.  I think I'll re-enact a picture this week for the blog.  (i'm serious) 


My house is for sale if anyone wants to move here.  I'm sad, I love this house.  I'm not stressed about selling it yet, maybe because deep down I wouldn't mind staying a while longer.  But I know once Derek is driving out to Raymond everyday for school and to coach football I'll be stressed.  I should be cleaning it right now because every time I leave the house for the night we get a call to come see it then Derek has to clean it up by himself, and I'm going to a bridal shower tonight.  But if I have it all clean and ready I'll jinx it, and no one will come right?  Hmmmm... 

We've been busy with a million random things and we've got a couple of even busier weeks here.  It's gonna be crazy and fun and everything else!  Derek has 3 more days of school and then the crazy busy and some play time and then I think I'm gonna be a (kinda) workin mom for the summer.  We'll see how that goes.

I'm really looking forward to this summer, now just give me some REAL heat out there and I'm set!

13 comments:

whitney said...

Working mom, no no, be a playing with me mom this summer. After you sell your house and move back to the cool street of course. You know what cool street I'm talking about.
Hey, at least you have a job to be a working mom at - not sure if I'll have any shifts to pick up this fall the way things are going for RNs right now.

Alysha Sladek said...

good luck selling the house. your kids are so cute! i can't believe how much they have both grown since I last saw them. it goes WAY too fast.

Susie said...

I don't think Granny could be any happier, I guess we'll see when Sadie joins in. James looks like he is ready to ditch the jacket, if you know what I mean. I just love that kid, maybe because he is always thinking about Sadie even when she is so far away. We cannot wait to see you guys again. Really 3 months is that all it's been?

Susie said...

p.s your kids have the cutest blonde hair ever, definetly not dirty blonde. Is the sun bleaching your hair out?

Christal said...

love this post sad when they start growing up eh! your kids are adorable!! Good luck selling your house I think you should buy the house 2 doors down over here! We'd all have so much fun!!

lynz said...

alli is getting sooo big, and i love james' little coat! i also love little kids and their obsession with putting their hands down their pants! haha

Karen said...

Your little ones really are adorable! My boys all hated tags! I have to cut them out of all their clothing. Max still takes the tags out before he wears something new.
I CAN.NOT.WAIT. for school to be over. Summer is the BEST!!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

I don't feel quite as bad now knowing that James just quit the bottle. Brody still has to have his milk before nap and bedtime, and I just don't have it in me to put up a fight! I make myself feel better by putting in a sippy cup, not a bottle, but its probably just as bad.
Along with everyone else, I can't wait for you to move here!

Anonymous said...

Nixon was on the bottle until she was 18 months an d after I took it away I bought vanilla nesquik syrup... worked like a charm and I only have to put in a tiny bit and she loves it! She drank 3 glasses at dinner yesterday. Too much? probably!

melissa said...

You want some heat? Come visit me! I seriously am dying to come up for a little vacation & I need to see your house before you sell it. That makes me so sad! I wish I could come up for the 1st. Single tear....we'll blame my job. Love the pic of you and Alli! You're the coolest mom ever!

Ashley Dawn said...

You take the cutest pics....and you have the cutest kids.... hope your house sells quickly - or not, if you'd prefer. Either way, I'm jealous that you're in Southern Alberta...it's just SO great there.

The Lowry's said...

First before I forget, try nesquik to get him to drink milk. Bryce will drink milk without it thankfully, but he also loves it with. I only add about half of what it says too and he still chuggs it down. Loves it. Adds extra iron right?
What fun with all the cousins.
Are you an RN? Your mom taking care of the kids? Cute kids, but you already know that.