Friday, January 09, 2009

it's not snowing

This is out my front window about an hour ago.  IT'S NOT EVEN SNOWING!!!  



I waited for a 'calm' in the wind.  If you look close there is proof of blue sky in there.  


After a couple hours of that, it's back to this.  

I forgot I left Alli's boots outside yesterday...


Here's Derek doing the usual shovel after the wind storms.  We have to shovel almost everyday, not because it snows, just the wind.  It melted quite a bit the other day, that pile was twice that before.

We had our Christmas tree in the middle of the front yard, (yeah, we're ghetto that way) the other night it was so windy I woke up to see the tree in the middle of the backyard.  It was also garbage day, I think half the garbage was gone before the truck came, sorry neighbors (or people that live on the other side of town because that's probably where it ended up.)  Ahhhh, love it here!

15 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

HOLY SMOKES!! That's 1 reason I'm okay with being in Edmonton. The wind isn't NEARLY as bad...

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christal said...

i was so in that today i had to take kolt to the dentist and couldn't even see across the street when i was in town wicked weather eh!! love the pictures i was wishing i had my camera today too! the contrast of the blue and white was actually pretty just not so pretty to drive back to ray in !! crazy weather! thanks for you nice comment too you made my day ! i finally got my computer back today happy day !! ttys

Susie said...

finally some pictures to go with all these weather updates you've been giving me. I can't believe how much we have talked about the weather... please i must get a life.
p.s it was pretty nice here today...

Susie said...

oh and I hope too see you & the kids building some sweet snow forts & tunnels in those drifts.

Melissa said...

I can't believe the weather...i kept hearing how bad the snow and wind were up there but i couldn't picture it in my head. Thanks Lins, i feel for you guys!

Just Rhonda said...

Gotta LOVE the wind in cardston!!

Jaime said...

I was driving in one of those so called wind storms-it really sucks. At times like that, I miss Edmonton!

Alysha Sladek said...

wow, that's crazy!!

Caylee said...

Southern Alberta goodness! That was a great post, my childhood started to flash before my eyes - walking to school on an angle because you're walking into the wind, or getting blown home!!

Anonymous said...

I think after this winter, anything will be a picnic, because this is probably one of the worst we've had in a long time for having so much snow, cold, and wind all combined together! Hang in there, it will get better! :)
Love your pictures by the way!

#15 said...

derek needs to make friends with the builders across from your place so he can use the machine parked there to clear the drivewayl!

Jacklyn said...

Usually I'm kinda homesick but I have to say it was kind of nice to take the kids to the Library today in hoodies! So just send me your fancy new bike and bike trailer cause let's face it I'll get a lot more use out of it!

melissa said...

Are you kidding me right now? Yipes. Reason #132 why I don't miss Canada! (there really aren't that many reasons. i was just going for dramatic effect)

lynz said...

oh my heavens....if those aren't the most perfect telltale pictures of southern alberta in the winter (except for tdoay when it's like +10 out of course!), i don't know what is! good for derek for conquering those drifts, and i love ali's boots!