Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm behind

So I guess I should chat about 2008 and what's up for 2009.  Of course a couple pics of this and that thrown in  too.  James's little booty outfit will crack you up I guarantee it.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you've never done before?
Taught Primary, oh wait I did that the 3 previous years before 08 and still get to do it in 09!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Is it bad if i can't remember if I kept them? Is it bad that I most likely made the same ones this year? you know, get in shape, cook supper, keep the house clean, be a good mom and wife, budget better, read scriptures daily...thought i'd take up a hobby or something, but then I couldn't think of anything so I think I'm going to run a half marathon.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Every other person but me!




4. Did anyone close to you die?
I went to 2 funerals back to back. Derek's Grandpa and Mom. Hard days.

5. What places have you visited?
Well, besides the bear hunts and pirate ship adventures...
We went to Kimberly BC...and that's it for anything new and exciting I guess. But I've got a couple plans in the works for this year.


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More sleep, i just can't get enough if the stuff.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Well, I remember a lot of not so great dates, so I'm gonna steer clear of those.
Sooooo...Actually I don't even know what the date is today, so I'm not gonna remember any dates.

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
We bought a house, YIPEE! wait, is that classified as an achievement when you take on 30 years of debt?

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have this faint memory of puking sick children all last winter, and Derek even threw up for the first time since we have been married. and me, just the same old stuffy nose for 6 months. Nothing exciting thankfully.



10. What was the best thing you bought?
Our house and some things for it and I'm still pretty pumped about my bike. Am I such a nerd?

11. Where did most of your money go?
Well, the little money we have, to this ol house once again, and just LIFE I guess.

12. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I'm gonna go with Celine, that's right, I'm still rockin a select few songs.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
hmmm, probably push ups.



14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Eat after the kids went to bed.

15. What was your favorite TV program?
I'm really into Backyardigans, and Super Why...oh me? same ol Office, 30 Rock, SNL

16. What was the best book you read this year?
Fancy Nancy. They are kid's books, and if you have a little girl, her life will not be complete until you read it to her every night for 2 months. And then she will go around being 'fancy' and 'posh' and you will laugh. (this is my way of getting around the fact that i only read about 7 books last year, 3 of which were twilights.)



17. What was your favorite film of the year?
My mom and I went to Marley and Me on the last day of 2008. Loved it!

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I wish I had something exciting to say here, but just refer to this if you missed a beat. I was 27, and still am.

19. What political issue stirred you the most?
Right, all those political issues really get me going...

20. Who was the best new person you met?
I lived in Edmonton, Raymond and Cardston this year and have met some great friends in all places. I'm just so happy to have friends and meet new people.

And for 2009, I wanted to learn how to make bread. And I did. My mom came up and gave me a lesson. It was a rather uneventful occasion in the mishap department considering my record in the kitchen. Ok I lied, this is my second loaf. I made my first last Saturday, but it was actually quite decent, I just didn't take a picture. I also want to make homemade chicken noodle soup...secret recipes please!

11 comments:

Jacklyn said...

I can make good soup but I have to just explain it (what can I say I'm Claudia's daughter) I don't write much down...And I love Alli's hair and her pink tights!

Alysha Sladek said...

great post and cute pictures!

Susie said...

I think I would have keeled over if I saw James in real life. But he is looking might fine for nursery. Alli too, she is sooo posh. What the bread??

whitney said...

Oh man I want that bread. Wait, I don't want bread, I want BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!
Love the questionnaire, I think I will steal it.
Don't make fun. The list is too inspire creativity, not inspire mockery. Come one, you know you have a crafty side just waiting to come out. Really, I should be doing other things with my time like running or something. You and your half marathon you will do this year.
And what travel plans do you have in the works, I am intrigued!
Love A's haircut!

Karen said...

Hey lindsay
Do the Mellisa's 22k it's the best half out there! I'll do it with you! That's a promise!! Better yet get Derek running and Mark and him could choke in our dust as we burn up the trail in front of them!!! (can't a girl dream!!)
James's outfit is Fantastic!! Alli's haircut is too adorable. She looks so much like you!! You have such a cute little family.

Unknown said...

Lindsay! I just about died when I saw how big James was and Alli is as cute as ever as usual!!

Christal said...

Your kids are so dang cute!! Love this questionaire its a nice overview and it was fun to read! AND your bread looks great. Great post! oh and good luck with the marathon that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

James looks like a little cheerleader or something in that getup. I love Alli's haircut. I'm impressed with the bread. I think I'm going to do the Dash n' for Compassion half marathon in May (not sure exactly what day because it's not up yet, but I think a Saturday). Want to run it? Mom's been raving about how much you're running. Plus, there's better shopping in Edmonton than Lethbridge.
Brooke

melissa said...

Look at you, you little baker! That bread looks pretty darn tasty. I thought for sure you would say your favorite date was the time I came and stayed with you...and then I realized that was 2007. Really? Really. That's why it's a darn good thing you're coming to see me! I'm not excited at all!!!!

Just Rhonda said...

i tagged you....
and your bread looks GREAT!!!!
and love your photos of the kiddos.

marisajbaines said...

k, first of all your kids are beautiful..... and so is your bread..i am a carbaholic so i have no choice but to indulge. i love your blog, i hope you don't mind if i follow it???!