Wednesday, October 15, 2008

happy 3

This little princess turned 3 on Saturday.  


She has been patiently waiting for her turn to blow out her own candles the past few weeks.

Dad's Birthday


Mom's Birthday



Alli's Birthday!

(don't judge me on these cupcakes, scroll down for the goods.)

We had so much fun. Cousins and cupcakes and princess's and pink.  We doubled up for Lucy's birthday too as usual.  
Alli has been talking about her birthday probably since August and one day she said, 'mom, for my birthday I want a pony and a brown cake with pink (she requested these on a regular basis) and I'll bring the candles and you bring the fire."  

(yes, you do see what you think you see on James, he really wanted to play too.  and who am I to stop him?)



We made these cupcake bites I have dying to make for months and months after I found them here.  They aren't perfect, but they were fun to make and the yummiest ever to eat.  I have a feeling I will be making plenty more for practice. 



We are now recovering from a looong weekend, too much turkey, me working yesterday, and some sickies.  I have some sort of stomach bug and the kids kinda do to.  Bleh

Then off to Calgary tomorrow night and hopefully Edmonton after that if we are all better.

13 comments:

whitney said...

Too funny - I just put up a post about the cupcake pops! Yours look really cute!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Ok, I am going to need to know how to make those cupcake bites. They look so cute.

Jacklyn said...

Happy Birthday ALLI!!!
and I love what your doing with James these days haha don't worry whenever I have to bribe Luke with something he always wants a "pink treat"

Brooke said...

Hey, you're coming to Edmonton and you didn't tell me. When are you coming? I didn't know you had such culinary talent -super cute cupcakes. And Happy B-day to Alli.

Rashelle said...

Good job with the cupcake pops, I saw them on the Martha Stewart show awhile ago. It was fun to see you this weekend, Melia had fun with Alli.

melissa said...

First of all, I have to say that your comment on my blog made me laugh so hard! I KNEW it!! Nobody's ever too cool for New Kids! Second of all, I cannot believe Alli is 3! What a fun birthday party and I love those little cupcake bites. They are sooo cute! I might need to bring that little trend to Vegas.

Oler Family said...

Wow, 3 already!!! And what a cute party! I love the cupcake pops! I have been wanting to attempt them but wasn't sure it they would be worth the work. I'm happy to hear that they are!! Your turned out super cute!

Stephanie M Larsen said...

I love your cupcake pops. Thanks for posting the link to make them.

Tisha said...

I've been looking for an excuse to make those cupcake pops, but I have no real reason. I think my visiting teachees might be getting cupcake pops for halloween!!

Christal said...

aww happy birthday! and cute cupcake pops I've been wanting to attempt them but they look kind of hard but yours look great! Well hope you had a great week! ttys

#15 said...

hey happy birthday alli! i had no idea your birthday was so close to mine! (yesterday!) only, you're 3, and I'm 33. ouch.

Mindi said...

I've also had that recipe from BAkerella, totally want to make them. I actually made the cupcakes and froze them to use at a later date! Oh, and by the way, I never noticed that was James in a dress until I read Susie's blog! So funny. Josh would kill me!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I was just wondering how you made those... I made them a while ago and they were so, so gross. I thought I followed her recipe correctly but I guess not. What kind of chocolate did you use for the bottom and what kind of cake and icing inside...basically I think I did everything wrong!