Monday, October 27, 2008

another weekend

On Friday I packed my bags AGAIN, and headed back to Edmonton. It was sooooo worth it. I went with Derek's sister's for some shopping (as if I didn't do enough damage last weekend) and the Celine Dion concert.

Shopping at the wonderful West Edmonton Mall with my awesome sisterinlaws, minus Christy.

I've never been a fan of Celine. I've always liked her music, just not really a huge fan. Well, I hate to do it to my cool music image, but I love Celine! (and who am i kidding, my cool music image was gone long before we listened to Elmo in the car.)


Look at our great seats, she held this pose just for me.

She has an amazing voice.  Sounded just like I was listening to her cd. (one of which I now own)  Don't get me wrong she really is a huge nerd when she gets going on some of her songs (who knew?  celine singin' a little i love rock n roll gangsta style.)  and Steph and i had a hard time getting the Saturday Night Live skit out of our head for the first 20 minutes because she really does kinda act like that (hence the nerd) but there is no denying, she is amazing.  She ran and danced around in super high heels the WHOLE time, she must work out wearing them.  Where does that woman find the energy?! I'm totally inspired to hit up the gym.  (But I'll leave the stiletto's at home)  

Driving to the show!

Waiting for the show to begin!


Ok, enough of that.  Derek and the kids had a fun relaxing weekend.  Alli asked for Dad to read her the bedtime stories last night, and she ALWAYS asks for me, ouch.  But it was back to me again tonight, phew.
Just getting the kids costumes ready for Halloween (Yes, I'm making my kids their costumes this year.  Poor kids don't stand a chance for anything cute in that department with me as their mother.) and catching up with the disaster that is my house right now.  And since we stopped for sleep at 3:30 am on Sunday morning and got up to finish the drive at 7, I'm still lagging a bit.  So worth it though.  Dang too bad we moved a few months to soon!

13 comments:

melissa said...

Oh my gosh! I hear her shows are amazing!! It looks like you guys had a really fun trip. p.s. I love your hair all wavy like that. So happenin!

Ashley Dawn said...

I'm so jealous. I've wanted to go to one of her concerts for so long and you got to go when you aren't even a huge fan?? So not fair!! I'm glad you had fun and I'm happy I got to see you for a few seconds at Stake Conference.

lynz said...

that is sooo fun linz! i grew up on celine not by choice, but i bet her concert would have been awesome and so fun with the girls :)
it was good to see you on sunday from afar, and hopefully we will come on out and visit you one day soon!

Arrington's said...

Sooo jealous celine sounds like an amazing time.Just having a reason to put a little extra eye liner on works for me. It is truly sad how out of the loop i am when it comes to music. Our CD player followed by the radio broke in our car and who has time to sit and watch MTV. So pretty much unless it came out about two years ago, i just nod and smile and say ya i think i've heard that one...

Caylee said...

So, it looks like we were actually quite close to eachother! We were by the side stage too - those white boots were killer!!! I wish I would have seen you guys there. Yeah, she rocked it like no other.

Jess said...

That looks like so much fun. So jealous. You are such a travel queen. By the way your hair looks so great.

Just Rhonda said...

the best thing about this post is the smiles in the pictures are like okay just TAKE the picture already.
What a fun thing to do with your SIL's. We should be that cool and do something so fun eh?

whitney said...

I still don't get it - Celine??? But I'll take your work for it. Maybe I need to give her a try, start with something simple like her Christmas CD and work my way up. Looks like a fun weekend.

Alysha Sladek said...

sweet! i wanted to go to that. i heard it was awesome!! good for you for making their costumes. i was a total slacker this year. didn't even get austin a costume til last night (and he needed it this morning...) i like your dark hair in the previous post. looks good. i still like ya blond though.

Jacklyn said...

I am Zee most beautiful singer in zee whole world!!

Oler Family said...

I was at the concert too! I LOVED it! She puts on a really good show hey? I couldn't believe how good she sounded live!

Anonymous said...

it was truly amaizing!!! i am so excited to see all the pics. i need copies of all of them!!! oh that was so fun i can't stop talking about it!
brooke byam

Stephanie M Larsen said...

That looks super fun! So, I hope you don't mind that I'm a blog snoop. And, I wanted to invite you to the quilt giveaway for baby Mia on my blog. I'm hoping to generate traffic this sweet family. :)