Friday, January 19, 2007

it's gonna be a...

BOY!



We had the ultrasound today and thats what they told us. If you can see in that picture at all, it's a close up and he's sideways and his little mouth is open. He was so active the whole time, the tech had a hard time getting some of the measurements. I never have had the worry of not feeling the baby kick for a long time. Both with Alli and this one, they are more than active, at all hours of the night too.


We are so excited, of course Derek is so so excited. We went for a quick trip to the mall this afternoon to maybe get a little something since about all we own for Alli is pink. And what do you know, look what Derek found.




I started doing my yoga dvd about a week and half ago. I had it from when I was pregnant with Alli and had actually forgotten about it this time. It's the cheesiest Sweedish guy with his pregnant wife and I swear they did the video in their house. I didn't do it very often last time, just for a glorified stretch really. I was WAY more active with excercise last pregnancy than this one, hence all the pounds this time I suppose. Anyway, I decided to do it last week because I hadn't been sleeping very well and I was feeling stiff all the time who knows why. Well, let me tell you how GREAT I feel after doing this video. They do all the annoying breathing and relaxation for the last 5 or so minutes and every time I've gone to a yoga class or done this dvd I've skipped it or not really done it the right way for real. Let me tell you that breathing at the end is AMAZING! It practically puts me to sleep after I finish. To the best sleeps ever. I put in the dvd every day last week and almost every day this week when Alli goes for her nap and then I have these amazing naps. Then I wake up so refreashed and my back, and whole body really, would just feel so great. Honestly the yoga is good, but the breathing at the end must just relax me so right. I'll stop ranting about it now, but thats just how much I love it.
I hope to get out somewhere doing something with Alli next week. I'm running out of pictures to take around the house. She is just bouncing off the walls with energy. Now I just have to think of something to go do...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH soo exciting!! That is such a cute outfit. And glad to hear you are sleeping better, Enjoy it while you can of course.

whitney said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Derek got his wish. So excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

congrats guys im so excited for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the boy!!! That's so exciting! Oh, and I am a true believer of yoga too, so I totally understand the ranting. It's pretty much the best exercise ever!

whitney said...

Do yoga as soon as you can after the baby too. I felt sooo much better and it was a great way to ease back into exercise and build back muscle. Learn the sun salutations and you can do them quick for 5 or 10 minutes in the morning to get awake and energized and at night to relax and sleep good. Glad I'm not the only yoga geek.

Anonymous said...

That's exciting for you guys. Glad to hear that you're feeling good. It was fun to see you guys at christmas. Your blog is cute!!

Rashelle said...

What exciting news! I am sure it will be fun to shop for more cute baby boy clothes.