Thursday, December 07, 2006

time to embrace



It's into December now so my tree, my little little tree, is up now. We got this tree a few years ago when we had to stay up in Edmonton for Christmas because I had to work. I wasn't gonna be stuck up here on Christmas morning with no family and no tree and working. So, went to home depot and got a nice little one for our little apartment.
We put it up on Monday after Alli went to sleep, because sure maybe it would be fun for her to decorate, but really, so not worth the hassle of a 1 year old around with all that. The snow was falling outside, we had Christmas music playing while Monday night football was muted (hey, at least I got him to mute it right?) and it was fun fun. Time to embrace Christmas.

I decided come December I would embrace something else. Maybe you can tell in this picture, but it is a pretty forgiving angle. (thank you Derek) Surprise Surprise everybody, #2 on the way! I'm embracing my growing tummy. Mostly because I have no choice. The hoodies and baggy shirts aren't cutting it anymore. Second time around it really pops out in a hurry. I've been feeling good, the tired time is over and I can function without a nap now. I'm due around May 11th, so about 4 months now. We're getting excited and I think we might have to find out if it's a boy or girl this time, Alli really threw us off last time.



Thought I'd better put up some pictures of Alli. I got home from work right before she was going to bed, so I took a few really quick. I don't want to jinx it or anything but she hasn't really even tried to touch the tree. The first morning, she looked at it all excited and said ooooo, ooooo over and over pointing at it and I said no touching, and it actually worked. Not like her at all, maybe she is afraid of it for now.



And here's Alli trying her best to be Dereks caddie while he putts around the house. She chases the balls around, but mostly just goes for the one he is trying to putt.



Well, we go home in less than 2 weeks and yesterday I realized I hardly have any shopping done. I have most of the ideas, but now I better get out there. I still need shoes and ribbon for my bridesmaid dress and I have been looking and not finding in that department.

5 comments:

melissa said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm always so excited when my friends have more babies!! I guess it's because I have to live vicariously through you guys, since I'm nowhere close to that department! Anyway, I'm super excited for you and Derek, and I'm super excited to see you in a couple of weeks. Did you get my address?

Anonymous said...

congrats linds and derek. im glad that you put that on here because i still wasnt sure if i was aloud to tell people. i knew that family knew but im excited that i can now share the great news with everyone. see ya in two weeks!!!

whitney said...

Yippieeee! Can't wait to see the new belly at Christmas. Good job on keeping it a secret for so long. Guess it was easier because I don't see you so much anymore.

Anonymous said...

Congrats lins i love the belly. and i love your tree i have a little one myself in LaGrande and i left on the 10th so i didn't get to enjoy it for long but i loved it!!!! now get your butt down here.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh Oooooh. Look who has a new belly.