Monday, December 18, 2006

one more week...

...until Christmas! I'm so excited. Excited to be home and see family and friends and eat lots of food and have a wedding to name a few. We went to Candy Cane Lane last night, love the lights. We only walked one block and drove the rest, it was freezing. Maybe the ledge tonight since it should be a little nicer.

I have Christmas music playing and Alli is beside me dancing. Alli dancing is bouncing her legs and kinda doing a headbanging thing. What better way to dance to the Jackson 5 Christmas songs. I highly recommend Santa Claus is Coming to Town, that is the Michael Jackson to remember.

Alli is still obsessed with Dereks Golf stuff right now. Yesterday I was buckling her into her carseat and what do ya know, she had a golf ball in hand.



I have to venture out one more time to finish up some odds and ends shopping today and then I'm done! I have nothing wrapped yet, but that's a fun easy project for tonight. Along with sewing our names the stockings I made. I think maybe I'm putting it off because for some reason its weird that I have to MOM and DAD on them.

I tried to take a few pictures of Alli in her cute Christmas dress, it so wasn't happening. She started this new thing where she has to be in action while I take her picture. Which is fine, except for I wanted the pictures in front of the tree. She was running everywhere around the house smiling really well. This was the only decent one in front of the tree, but it wasn't part of the plan for me to be in the picture.



After I kept forcing her to stay in front of the tree this was the result. So maybe we'll try again later in front of grandma's tree.



We are heading out tomorrow night to Raymond, for like 2 weeks! Derek writes his last test tomorrow afternoon and we are off. I hope there is snow down there for Christmas, because there sure is more than enough here.

Here is our Christmas card this year. Derek won and we didn't take a new picture. Since he made the whole card in Photoshop he got the final say. I'm over it now anyway.



Well, I'm off, and I think before I go shopping I'll try making some of Rhonda's chocolate crinkle cookies. They sound really good. I have done zero Christmas baking for fear I would eat it all. I'm saving up to do some in Raymond. (saving up for some baking and eating that is) Can't wait to dip the chocolates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alli's picture are always cute cute...love the christmas card, a very cute family. Well if i come down a few days later do i miss the baking or the eating? he he
See ya soon. Hey maybe I'll come to the ledge with ya. later susie

Anonymous said...

I am confused I thought you were coming after Derek's exam on Wednesday.
Tomorrow is Tuesday.
Let me know if I am right or wrong.
mom

Sure is one cute baby in a red dress