Monday, March 13, 2006

so it's been a while....






I haven't done a post in a while, not because I have been busy and have had no time, but because, well I hate to say it, but not much has been going on in the life of a 5 month old (at least through my eyes, she of course is busy busy busy) and her mother. Derek is gone all day everyday at work and school and I am left at home without a car. The snow has been falling for a couple of weeks, so we haven't even been out for walks very often. We've been over to visit baby Roman a couple of times, but I keep forgetting to take my camera, you can find him on Whitney's blog. Soon I'll get some. But here's a few pictures of Alli, now 5 months old. She's not much of a poser unless her dad is around, he can always make her smile for the camera.








On Friday night, Derek and I babysat for Ryan and Sarabeth. We had Caroline and Rueben and their cousins ( Jennilyn's kids) Connor and Eric over for a few hours. It was fun. They were such good kids. We watched a movie, did some coloring (as you can see we have a wide range of coloring materials) played ducks? and read stories.





















Last night we decided that maybe if we tried Alli on a bit of rice cereal she would sleep a little longer at night. She was sleeping for 6 or 7 hours before waking up to eat, now its back to 4 hours sometimes. Alli watches us eat everyday and grabs at it, so I thought she just might be ready. Well she did really good with eating. She knew what to do and ate it right up. And during the night last night? Up every 4 hours screaming to eat, maybe I'll try again tonight. I really can't complain because she goes to bed around 9, and sure she wakes up to eat, but she goes right back down and sleeps to at least 8 or 9 in the morning. Much better than the months of awake and ready to play until 1 in the morning. As you can see she is smiling, you guessed it, Derek was taking the pictures and making her smile.





























One last thing. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I cannot find any pink soothers. They might have pink on them, but then there's blue or green or something else with it. So for 5 months I've had to keep a close eye on the one soother I found that is nice, it's white with a bit of red. But the other day, I got a fancy package in the mail. My dear friend Jacklyn in Oregon found me some PINK! Thanks Jack!


2 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Cute photos!!!! Love that tiny bow in her hair!
I agree about the pink soothers - so hard to find!!!

Anonymous said...

Sheesh I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't make her smile sometimes. OHH I was so glad to really hear her laugh (that sounds like a cry) Just Love it and everything about her. (Well except the sleeping/eating pattern for you)