Wednesday, March 22, 2006

a minor flood, and another holiday

This is a lot of writing, feel free to skim and enjoy the pictures that follow......
I was having trouble with the blog last night and then we ran into some bigger problems, the plumming. Yesterday morning I heard the toilet gurgling a few times. It went away and I thought nothing of it. Well while I was working on this post it started up again, I told Derek but he didn't seem to concerned. I could hear the toilet flushing upstairs and then ours would bubble up. Suddenly I hear it overflowing. I run in to the bathroom and yell to Derek. Classic Derek, still didn't seem to concerned since we don't have a plunger. He's all, well just lay down some old towels. Meanwhile, 3 towels are drenched and the water is still slightly rising. Now Derek gets down to business. He gets a bucket and pours the water into the tub. So the flowing has stopped, but the tub isn't draining. I'm calling the managers and not even a machine is picking up. So we start calling all our friends and neighbors for a plunger. Surprisingly, not many people have plungers. So we had to trek over to Darryl and Steph's (thanks guys) and borrow. Derek gets home and gets to work. The toilet water isn't moving (sidenote, its clear right now) so he tries the bathtub. Well, dirt and leaves start coming up the drain. So we quit that. For the next little while, the toilet keeps bubbling off and on. Of course since I can't use the bathroom, I have to go. Anyway, we finally found a # to call and a guy came and snaked the toilet upstairs, someone was flushing something they shouldn't have been I guess and there was more damage done elsewhere. So by the time we got everything cleaned up. Scrubbing the floor, the toilet and the dirt in the bathtub, it was after 11 o'clock and my post didn't make it. Phew glad that's over. And your welcome no pictures of that.

Once again we went down for a visit to Raymond on the weekend. It was fun, Alli travelled great and had plenty of family and friends to entertain. She really loves basketball. She always had to be facing the action. If we turned her to face us, she would wrench her head around. Alli got pretty wired and watched the Raymond boys and girls win on Thursday night, and had a tough time settling down that night. Of course derek thinks it's great how much she loves being out and around. I guess we have a basketball loving social butterfly.

This trip I remembered to take at least a few pictures. Nothing special, I really love to take pictures, but I'm not much of a pro and would love to take a class and learn how to do them better. We got some pictures with Alli and her cousins. We went out to Taber on Saturday to see all the Porters, since there were no basketball games of Brett to watch. (but she played great on Thurs and Fri) We finally took some pictures of Alli and Ava together they are not even 2 months apart and we have never taken pictures of them together, horrible I know. So it's the classic lay them on the floor side by side since Alli doesn't quite sit up yet.



Here is me and one of the twins, Brigham







This is Alli and Ava. Classic Ava with her tounge out and Alli sucking on her lips.




Here's Alli and Logan. That little chair she is on is great. i just might have to invest in one.






Alli and Grandpa Baldry. Have a couple of Grandma and Grandpa Steed hopefully to be posted soon!

2 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

Sounds like exciting times at your house. We also had a toliet running over experience and Regan had to drive from the West side over to the South side to borrow a plunger from dear old Bradley.

Oh and I noticed that you often have a bow in Alli's hair. Aren't you fancy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my she is so Raymond girl material, I'm talking about the basketball. Pictures with cousins are cute. None with her Steed cousins, I guess she needs more eh?! NO ANNOUNCEMENT just a tease.

And we will have to experiment and do a baby photo shoot soon.
I think she could be a model
what do you say mom do you wanna take that route. Might be big $$$$!