Friday, March 31, 2006

Quilting!

So I've had a bit of a busy week. My mom came up on the weekend and we have been having fun together. We went out on Monday afrternoon for quilt material. Susie, Brooke and I all got supplies for our own. Brooke has made a few before, but Susie and I are first timers. We got about everything cut out on Monday and Tuesday was cutting more and sewing and ironing all day. I think I was at it off and on for 10 hours. I later realized I picked a pattern harder than the other two, but really still not that hard. We had a great time together chatting and making all sorts of mistakes and my mom trying to keep all 3 quilts straight while helping. But mostly she was just having fun with Alli. We didn't work as hard on Wednesday, we had to enjoy the nice weather. That night my mom and Susie babysat. Derek and I just went out for supper, and Alli slept the whole time, but still nice to get out. (we went out last Friday night to dinner and a movie while Susie and Ryan babysat, my first movie out since the day before Alli was born. Derek couldn't last that long, he's been to a few with friends) Yesterday was shopping, we did good at that too. Alli loves the mall. We were out for like 6 hours and she had a great time, so good. Here's some pictures of the last few days

All I know is when we left on Friday night Alli didn't suck her thumb, and then we find these pictures on our camera when we get home.








Alli and grandma playing.











Here we are hard at work. I decided I'll just wait and put up pictures of the quilt when its all done, so it might be next week, but it will probably be next month. What a mess we made!












This is Alli today. My mom and Susie went out to do some more fun shopping for Susie's new house, but I decided to let her sleep.

3 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

I am sooooooooo jealous. I wish I could have been there. Maybe soon.

whitney said...

Glad to see you have come around to quilting. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Sounds like a really fun week.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that week was great. Who knew quilting & such could be sooo great! It was the perfect spring break for me. I love my class, but it sure would be nice to hang out for a while. I see why you take a pic of Alli sleeping sometimes those moments are a little harder to come by.