Friday, February 24, 2006

little miracles



I haven't posted anything for a while. We were out of town in Raymond because Derek had a few days off for reading week. I had a few ideas of pictures to take down there to post and, if you can believe it, I didn't take a single one the entire time. It was fun to just relax and sleep in and have an abundance of family and friends to hold Alli, even when she was sceaming (thanks mom) While we were down we went and visited Derek's sister Christy's new babies in the hospital, born on Feb. 7. She had TWINS! Brigham and Natalee. They were due in March so they were quite early, both weighing just under 5 pounds. They are so tiny and doing great all things considered. Mostly just getting energy and the hang of feeding. Since I don't have any pictures of them, I thought we could all reminise about when Alli was born (like it was SUCH a long time ago). She was only a few ounces bigger than the twins, but it sure makes a difference. We are so lucky to live in a time where tiny twins like Brigham and Natalee only need a few weeks in the hospital and have immediate access to proper care. And brand new babies like Alli's cousin Lucy catch pnemonia hours after being born, and can be cured with a couple weeks of antibiotics in the hospital. And of course, Alli who stopped growing at 35 weeks and for extra fun was breech, but was safely delivered 3 weeks early and only stayed in the hospital for 1 week to learn how to eat. Since i don't have any pictures of the twins, I thought I would pull out some pictures of Alli in the hospital. I know everyone says it, but I really can't believe how fast they grow.


5 comments:

Just Rhonda said...

beeeeauuuutiful photos of Alli! And it sure is amazing how fast they grow!

whitney said...

I can't believe how much she has changed in four months. Quite a cuttie. I like the new background. Good idea, I just might have to make a change too.

Anonymous said...

she has always been a beautiful baby. sure is quiet at my house.
mom

Anonymous said...

she has always been a beautiful baby. sure is quiet at my house.
mom

mindy said...

Me and claire are looking at the pictures of Alli right now and She is sooo cute. We can't wait to see her in person. We'll be up for July first. Feel free to come down anytime--even if Derek can't come. It's alli we really want to see. (We do want to see all of you-but especially cute alli)
mindy