Sunday, January 08, 2012

we had a merry time!

What better way to start off the new year of blogging that with a Christmas post!



Had a fantastic time over the holidays. For some reason blogger is only letting me load one picture at a time so after loading 7 pictures individually I'm done.

It started with an early Christmas dinner with the Baldry families. We had a great time together. Besides all the food, the highlights were the Grandma Hicken dance party, and the kids opening their present from Grandpa Baldry and Grandma Karie...a personalized bag of candy! Oh Grandma Karie, you love us SO much don't you.

We had the annual party with the Hickens. For the first year we've been around for the caroling I didn't go on the hay ride because of Sage and it was pretty much hot out that night compared to the past, darn it!

Christmas Eve with the Steeds included the usual 'talent show' the nativity and of course food! a meal of appetizers, one of my favorite things to do. A successful pj picture wouldn't you say? My favorite part is that Alden and James are still smiling away while holding the kids trying to escape. This is pretty much what every attempted grankid picture looks like.


Christmas morning was fantastic of course. We decided to sleep at my parents. One of these years we will have to grow up and go home on Christmas eve, but both my sisters were there so I just couldn't! James was the cutest when we woke him up. Derek told him to wake up and he kinda rolled over and kept his eyes closed. Then, he told him it was Christmas and James sat right up and pretty much jumped out of bed. That is not how that kid normally wakes up.


We had many a late games and chatting nights with family and friends. Days of bowling and swimming and nights going out. An adventure of Ryan's cows running away, and a scout camp for Derek. Sure do love it when Scout camp gets cut back a day because the weather is TOO nice. I'm not even hating the wind or missing the snow. More parties and late nights and finishing up stuff around the house with a trip to ikea. I swear I am so close to feeling like this house is complete, it's only been a year. A very poor sick Sage on the mend now, girls night, visit from an mission companion of Dereks', I think that about sums it, and now back to routine!


And for the new year more blogging is at the top of my list...except that it isn't, so see you next month!

5 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

first of all - love your hair! 2nd, looks like such a fun Christmas. 3rd - Sage is adorable!

Brooke said...

There has to be at least a pick of Alli dancing it up with how much she played. Cute family pic. Miss you guys already.

lynz said...

sage is getting so big! she is such a doll face and i love the 1st pic of all the kids :) so cute! sounds like you guys had such a fun christmas holiday!

Susie said...

Alright lots of good times. Nice that Derek's bowling shot made it, I want to see your form next to his better yet alli's. NIce work 2 family photos looking good, who's on timer. Boo for sick babies, good thing she is looking so dang cute. I'm excited to get back to routine, it's just I don't think I've found my groove yet with 3. Or not embraced the fact that our routine might mean I don't get a shower, and day old makeup is perfectly acceptable. Happy new year

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

merry christmas, happy new year, see you next month! I loved the pictures of all the steed grandkids. Those pictures are always the best.