Friday, April 15, 2011

here's 10 but it's not tuesday

Well I guess another month has passed so it's time to blog again. I find it really easy to just jot down 10 random happenings in life even though it's not Tuesday, it's a 10 on Tuesday sort of deal. Remember, my blog - my rules.



(This is the day my children got married. what, your kids don't do that in the dead of winter with nothing else to do? I was flattered to be the photographer for the event.)


1. Went to Las Vegas a couple weekends ago with a bunch of Derek's sisters and cousins. Had SUCH a great time. Weather-HOT, Food-YUM, Celine-AMAZING, Spring breaker poolside dancers- ENTERTAINMENT(of the worst kind), Celebrity searching-PRODUCTIVE, Company-FANTASTIC! But I have no pics to prove any of this.

2. Remember last time I blogged? I got called to be primary President. No worries my friends ward boundary changes, I'm released! I am now back to my old stomping grounds of teaching sunbeams. I think I have the lessons memorized.

3. The kids and I did a little run they had here in town oh back in Feb was it? I finally downloaded these pics of my little runners at the Chilly Willy Run. It was 2 km and a lot of fun. They keep asking when the next race is.



4. The entire family got sick while I was away. They were a sad a bunch to return to. James' turned to croup which is never fun (but he is really learning the whole hospital routine really well. 'mom do I have to go step on the scale now?') and Derek is still experienceing some mild symptoms. I rubbed my flu shot in their face for a while, but I am now fighting a terrible cough and sore throat and the list goes on...so I had to shut up. In the mean time we had lots of naps and cuddles so it wasn't too bad and I have no recollection of anything I did in last 2 week.

5. I'm so happy in my new house. But dang, we have been here 3 months and I feel like I have to do spring cleaning!

6. James is really into playing basketball on the neighbors hoop outside. He goes out whenever he hears the little 14 year old and talks his ear off while they play. It's just so cute!



7. Has anyone anywhere found somewhere to watch snl clips online in this little place called Canada? I know it's a lot to ask being in this teeny tiny country with not very many fans and all...

8. I always linger a little while in the mall food court just in case a flash mobs starts up...



9. I'm Alli's soccer coach again this year. 3 years going strong. She told me next year she doesn't want me to be her coach. I think it has something to do with the teal jersey's 2 years in a row and florescent green before that. Still, I can't wait to retire, but James will be old enough next year.

10. There is a great need for sarcasm font. (That was for you anon!)

11 comments:

Jaime said...

Haha, I totally read youe anon comment, if you're gonna blog stalk, at least be polite enough to leave a nice comment! Sheesh, who does that?
Crappy about your whole family being sick, know the feeling all to well over here. Hopefully we get some nice weather to get everyone healthy again. And how did I not know you went to Vegas? Sounds like lots of fun!

Susie said...

I'm just taking this whole blog in, I was gonna hold out my comment since I got a whole month before anything new shows up here. Your kids are just minis of you guys running and making it look good. Sadie just wants to marry me, that's not weird eh? Boo for the sickness, we are coming down so it better all be cleared up by then, or we WILL be blaming you. When I told Sadie we are going to Raymond for easter, she said, "I wanna go hunting." me What?" "you know mom for those easter eggs."

whitney said...

You should have a baby, they didn't ask me to coach this year. Only to be the assistant. To which I said NO! It's not the baby, it's the 2 year old that won't leave my side for second.
I had no idea they were having kids do that run, so fun! I think we'll have to do that next year. You should take your kids to the pumpkin run if they love it!

Stephanie said...

You got put in sunbeams again?? Haha! I like all your winter pictures, time for some with some green grass!

lynz said...

chilly willy run - i love it! call us when you guys are feeling better - we want to play :)

Anonymous said...

Great post, great read! Thank you for #10 ;)

You are great Lindsay, beautiful inside and out! Love Ya!

Brooke said...

Best wishes to the happy couple! We can't wait to see you guys next weekend.

Just Rhonda said...

What you blogged?? Awesome :) I can NOT believe you are in Sunbeams AGAIN! Holy COW!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Byams said...

love the post linds! and i love #10! show your face anon! hahah

Mike and Kelly said...

Sunbeams....best job ever.... except maybe nursery.. And I am sure that deep down Alli loves having you with her at soccer.. I am having so much fun with my little teams... I can't wait to get out of the ice arena though and get them playing on real fields.!!!!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Did you have any celebrity citings? Everytime I go somewhere I always hope to see someone famous, but I never do.
I love that the race was called Chilly-Willy.