Tuesday, March 08, 2011

10 on tuesday

So I was reading Rhonda's blog today and thought, I should be a better blogger in the randomness department. I love random blogs. She does 10 things on Tuesday. Correct me if I'm wrong Rhonda, but I think it's just a random life sampling. You know these are my fav kind of blog.

so with 15 mins left on tuesday, here we go
10 on tues
and no, i'm not committing to anything beyond today

1. my camera won't upload pictures to my computer right now, small usb problem. derek fixed it today. (as in he restarted the computer) he was totally mad. he was sure this was the ticket to replace our 8 year old computer. long live mac's!

2. yes he fixed it, but now i have to charge the battery of my camera to upload them. so no pics this post. i swear i can't keep things charged. my cell phone has been dead for days, ipod what's that?, and i am the one who took a dead camera battery to new york. charging things sure is a lot of work.

3. james finished up his 2 month skating lesson season. i was beaming at the little show tonight. he is so good, and ridiculously CUTE! The skating system sure isn't what it used to be back in my day, but james skates like a pro so no complaints!

ok, my dad took pics and sent them already. he's had some practice in the skating photo dept. see what i mean? cute james! his gloves were in derek's pocket, we are kind of bad parents.

I couldn't even handle how cute this wave was! ok, i'll quit being a crazy parent gushing over my child. and look how cute his teacher kelly is. brings back memories kelly!



4. i was happily teaching my 10 cute little sunbeams in our new ward (i mean what else would i do but teach primary when we move?) when suddenly i got bombarded and called to be the primary president. it wasn't even a joke. ummmm, slightly overwhelmed. then i counted there is only 131 kids so it shouldn't be a big deal, right?

5. derek and i signed up for a race in less than 2 weeks. haven't ran at all since last october. sure i still work out, but the only running i do is from the house to the car in the freezingness. i have a feeling i just might not run at all before the race and see how it all goes. i'm spontaneous that way. christy, did you sign up? you wanna carry on the tradition and get a good time for me?

6. dear girl from american idol that sang fionna apple last week, thank you for reminding me to dig out my old collection. i enjoy her angry singing, but i do not thank you for butchering the tune.

7. i need a new washer/dryer. mine are terrible, just terrible. oh and they don't work.

8. ok, back to #4. i wrote up an agenda today for my first primary meeting tomorrow, isn't that funny? an agenda for a meeting i'm in charge of!

9. Derek's sis Steph had a baby girl today. YAHOO! aren't little babies are the best?! and for those of you that know my needle trick i am so DONE because i am wrong too often these days. i'm going back into retirement. i know you're all sad the witchcraft is over.

10.When I'm having a good ol facebook stalk and I find out someone has a public profile I get a little excited. 216 pictures? yes please! on the same note. when i meet someone 'new' I'm scared of mentioning something she hasn't already told me but that I have learned from some light internet stalking. come one, don't pretend you've never done it.

15 comments:

Jaime said...

Primary President, what?! You'll do such a good job though.
Cute skating pics too.

Just Rhonda said...

Yep totally love the random lists (it's always an easy blog topic to post) :) You'll be GREAT as primary pres. After all you have YEARS of experience serving IN primary :)
I can't keep my cell phone charged either. Reg told me there was NO way we should renew the contract! HA!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

I remember all your skating photos as a kid. Loved those!!

I actually haven't signed up yet, but I do want to do it. If you want I will run it for you! Did you sign up for the 10k? lol

Unknown said...

131 kids??!! that's a ton!! You're going to be great!
Good luck running cold... It seems to work for some but never for me!!
As for number 12. I honestly have no idea what any of that means... I feel totally out of it!

Karen said...

Woops... Mark is Karen!!

whitney said...

I am loving number ten.
You can't really have that many kids in primary! Is that nursery too? We have maybe 65 - and are considered one of the bigger wards besides yours! Crazy! I bet you are looking forward to the split more than ever now!

And okay now I am mad at you - I wish I would have known James was in skating and I totally would have put Roman in. I had planned on it and then totally forgot all together.
But I guess I'll forgive you and let you have Oscar to get the comfy chair on Friday!

lynz said...

your needle trick is a farse then eh?!? good to know that there's a chance of us having more than 3 kids then :) love the random blogs and wow.....primary pres - that's intense. you'll do awesome though! go agenda girl go!

Em and Tom said...

I just checked out all your posts I missed. Now I miss you! Sometimes (b/c I only let myself think about it sometimes) I wish I was living next door.

Brooke said...

James looks all business skating. Yikes that a lot of kids in nursery.

Anonymous said...

you wrong yeah right. I won't write what I am thinking. I will just say I have always been a believer and it's always worked for me. It sucks when being pres requires more than just skipping class and making posters.. all with your best friends. You'll do great, & I'm annoyed we're not the same. LAME. Moonlight will be fun don't run before thats totally my style. James' skating is to die for. I hate comparing but yikes Sadie doesn't skate (we haven't taken her at all this year) or ride a bike - which I gotta get on.
p.s I'm a belieber

Susie

Christal said...

ha ha I feel your pain with number 8 I felt the same way I still feel awkward and slightly overwhelmed....You will be awesome!
Love james' little wave he is so cute! Love this post too I think we've all been there with number 10 haha!!
Just when life gets comfortable we get booted out of our comfort zone don't we! good luck with primary if you ever need to vent call me!

The Lowry's said...

I'm liking the randomness. I should do that on my blog, shake things up a bit. The needle thing said we were going to only have 2 kids and then low and behold we are now having number 3 even though it took a lot longer than expected. So I'm glad that it was wrong and I'm no longer a 'believer' :) Wow, primary president. Don't you feel way too young to be a primary president. I know when they called me to be 2nd cousellor in the presidency, i was think I'm not old enough to serve in a presidency. Ha, I think I think I am younger than I really am, but truly and unfortunately I am getting old. You will do awesome, thats a lot of kids though. We have 85 or something. Anyways, this comment is getting long so....

Anonymous said...

You copied #10 from that random hilarious thoughts email that's going around. Sorry to embarass you.

LindsayB said...

hey anon commenter #13. it's ok, i'm not embarrassed. i'm just sorry you're to embarrassed to not be anon.

Anonymous said...

You know what, I am really sorry I even wrote it at all. I was in a really bad mood when I read your post and I am sorry I took it out on you. The second I clicked publish, I regretted it. Let's face it, #10 is true for all of us, plus I am sure it is hard to come up with 10 random things. Anyway, sorry again, you are hilarious, keep up the funny posts.