Wednesday, July 14, 2010

i was thinking....


i should blog it. But I don't know what to blog and where to start. So I'm gonna do the large quantities of pictures recap of the past weeks events. like a lotta lotta this should be 7 different posts lotta. feel free to skim.

first up:
-totally forgot father's day. well i didn't forget it i just didn't blog it. and now i can't even remember what we did. i know i got derek a present but i can't even remember it. i thought father's day was the sunday before it really was so i don't blame myself for not remembering what i got derek. here's the shot of the day. what a great dad my kids have. it's too bad everyone can't have a derek for a husband...(i couldn't let it die just yet jack)




-then a good time at the stirling pool with fun after at brett's house.





-sunday in waterton

snoozin thomas
kade running around in waterton lake calling it the ocean
look at james toss the rock in like he means it!


-hicken get together in magrath, ridiculously fun.

havin a good chat with great grandma hicken



-July 1st parade! not many pics of the day but it was fun in all the usual way.


when all the kids were getting canadian face paint james opted for the football stripes.

and unfortunately i made the cut for the parade this year.
kill me now.
the class of 2000 had the biggest graduating class ever to graduate from rhs. we started out with all of 11 people on our float. we had to drag people off the street so we wouldn't be a complete embarrassment.
i want to have a stern word with whoever started the tradition of school reunion floats.

amelia is just protecting her newborn while i huck some candy with all my might to the baldry's like nobody's business

-then the actual reunion. i put in plenty of hours planning this party and i have to say it was quite a bit of fun. can't deny, i put on a good party!




-the ol road race. i ran 5k this year and never felt better!



-a bowling day with the steeds cause the weather has been lame-o more than once lately.

-gram's birthday!


-shared my moms day with our 8 year anniversary. we actually went out on our anniversary this year, haven't done that in forever. the weather, once again, wrecked our golfing plans so the same ol dinner and a movie it was .


-in between all this we had plenty of bonfires, bike rides, a trip to writing on stone, pool days, swimming lessons, 2 eclipse viewings for me, work for me as well and i think that's about it?!

13 comments:

Susie said...

no no who said you throw like a girl, you look great. Sad you were out of candy by the time you got to us so I couldn't see this. I love the water slide Derek looks like he is totally try to slow down with Alli, then James going sol. AND James digging into the chips and talking with Grandma Hicken is priceless.

Susie said...

oh yeah & it is too bad my husband has to work during the summer unlike your perfect derek. Are you still saying that with him around ALL the time?

Jaime said...

Wow, you look so great in all the pictures. I need you to come shopping with me and dress me up, you look so cute.
Great post, sounds like you guys are busy!

Em and Tom said...

Linz I'm not going to say you throw like a girl because lots of them throw quite well but...
You really do look very cute in your pics. I commented on what you said on my blog if ya wanna check it out. loveya

Alysha Sladek said...

linsday you're hot stuff!! I love your hair. K now that that's outta the way - looks like you've been busy having a ton of fun!! wanna plan some parties/events up here? i'm bored!

marisajbaines said...

i love james. he is such a boy! that is exactly what i imagine myself looking like when i throw...ha. and you, yes, you did put on a heck of a party!

Rashelle said...

Looks like a great summer so far. I wish the weather would start to warm up as well.

lynz said...

cutest bowling outfit ever! love summer and all of the fun and the party was pretty rockin :) i need to get some pics from you too - don't let me forget!

Just Rhonda said...

ah lots of great pictures. Love the top one of Derek and the kids. Both the kids look very proud in the picture to me. Lots of fun stuff in the summer time!

Brooke said...

James has so much personality in that little body, and it shows in every pics. Good times.

Karen said...

You gotta love that water slide at the Magrath campground (all thanks to my good old Pops!) My kids can't wait to go do it again this year! Looks like you're having a great summer!

whitney said...

I'm sitting here byself at the lake checking your blog and I just laughed out loud and embarrassed myself to a bunch of stranges with your too bad everyone can't be married to Derek comment. Love James throwing the rock with all he's got!

melissa said...

Ummm...it's no wonder Alli looks terrified and had Derek ride with her on the giant slip n slide! That thing is monstrous!! (and yes I am totally jealous bc I would be the first one down that thing!) You guys did have a great reunion and I am glad I went, even though I didn't technically graduate with you guys. Thanks for letting me crash AND win a prize (which I need to mail to you bc I can't use that itunes card on my American account. Lame. I probably should have thought that through. Also, still pretty fired up that we saw each other for 2.2 seconds while I was up there. Guess I have to plan another trip and bring Daniel with me this time. I was just thinking I may go for the title of longest post comment ever, but I suppose I should just call you someday and stop now. Great post!