Saturday, December 06, 2008

my best

Can you believe this how far back i had to go to find a picture of JUST the 2 of us?!


I miss my friend so much.
Why did you have to move even farther away from me?

Let me tell you about my besty friend Jacklyn, just because.

1. First of all, Jacklyn is funny. I don't care what she thinks or anybody else thinks, she's funny. The most hilarious and delirious laughs of my life involve her. I'm pretty sure Jacklyn is out to entertain me and only me. See? what a great friend.

2. My favorite thing is to talk on the phone for hours solving the worlds problems, it is the best. We have solved some pretty serious stuff over the years.

3. And when we are visiting the hometown, our bedtime is 3 or 4 am. We have very understanding husbands.

4. We have been through so much together. Really really hard times.  And then really really good times, best times ever.

5. I hate that we aren't together helping each other out with our kids and hanging out on Friday nights.

6. I love that we could carry on a conversation for hours only quoting insiders from way back when. (it's killing me to not drop a few right now.)

7. I enjoy your slight clumsiness and scatterbraindness.


8. No secrets here.

9. Love singing my guts out with you.

10. Thanks to hangin' out with your large crazy family, I was prepared for the large crazy family I married into.

I miss my bff. I can't even think about how far away she is and how far away she will be for way too many years to come. Not cool Jack, not cool. So you better be crying by now and come over for dinner.

love ya.

ps Jack, the whole man on the moon thing, just getting you back for making me eat the salt and other various things. oh who am i kidding, i really still think it's funny!




8 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Good friends are the best thing ever. Glad you have such a great one!

Jacklyn said...

Lins what a surprise I click over to your blog and there I am, Tear tear I know what you mean what's with Kentucky anyway? I love that when we are 80 we will still be staying up till 4am together and Derek and Ramsey will just have to fend for themselves. I miss you tons but remember it will all work out when Alli and Luke get married! Thank's for making my day, your my besty friend too. Accept for I hate the picture at the table...was that for me making you eat salt? come on I had just had a baby...not cool. But love ya anyway

Susie said...

Insiders are the best... except when it leaves me on the outside. Seeeeeeeee Yaaaaaaa

Alysha Sladek said...

sounds like a great friend!

Arrington's said...

I think we do a good job of sharing the little darling and actually i probably owe you a thank-you for letting me tag along over the years...that probably was annoying at times huh

Brittany said...

well if jack didn't cry I did. I remember her doing that pose at cheesecake...speaking of which do you have all of those pics...i'm sure they are somewhat hideous of my prego body but send them this way if you have any. Wont it be so sad to not have them around at christmas

Just Rhonda said...

aw. Wonderful. Maybe one day you'll live by each other again!

Addie F said...

I enjoyed reading your poost