Sunday, August 12, 2007

the last few weeks

This little guy is really growing!




We've been having fun doing the same old around here. I think I'm kinda getting a hang of these 2 kids. James is settling down a bit a getting into a bit of a schedule. The nights are usually good now, and when I have a good night, I can handle the day.

A few things...Alli FINALLY learned to walk down stairs by herself (apartments, they never learn) James rolled over from his back to front a few times. He has started the little giggles and I love it! And the curse with the blocked tear ducts is half over. Only one of James's eyes gets guncky these days. So hopefully the other one is soon to follow and he won't have to get surgery like Alli. Also, the BBQ I got for Derek was really a present for me, I have not been cooking lately and it is great!

Went to Erin and Andrew's wedding in Spruce Meadows a few weeks ago. It was really fun, so entertaining that couple. She was beautiful of course. Derek's sister Brooke took Alli and we had James with us. Derek was in the corner or outside a lot with James and his crying, but we still had a great time.




Here's a few from the trip to Grandma's! Derek's parents were in Califonia at Mindy's when we were there, and my parents were gone for a few days too. But Susie was there and Regan and Rhonda were there with their kids so we had fun. It was hot hot hot! Went out in the boat and had fun doing that. My parents had me pick up the floatie thing to pull behind for the kids and they all LOVED IT! And I actually read a whole book while I was down. (and not some baby tips etc. book) A whole book in one week, hasn't happened in years (I usually fall asleep every time I read a book) I even started another one, still not done though.

The famous wheat box. Alli loves the wheat box. She would just grab my had and drag me out the door saying Wheat! Wheat!



Aunt Susie, so good, ALWAYS entertaining the kids.




Cuddles with "Papa"



Went to the Magrath parade. Here's Alli with Britt's gal Lucy



YAY! Daddy's here! Derek got his own little vacation while we were in Raymond he golfed 64 holes over 3 days.



James hangin out at the park.




Ok, this needs a little story. When my friend Brittany had Lucy, she used her execise ball as a rocking chair when they were living in Arizona and had no furniture. It was perfect. So when I had Alli and she was screaming, I thought I'd try it out. Instantly it worked. So when James came we used it too. I guess we kinda trained them to like it, but NOTHING else works like the ball for this high maitnence baby James. So Alli is a SUCH a copier these days. She brings her blanket and doll to me ALL the time to wrap the doll, then she carries it around patting going shhh, shhh. Sometimes she gets her little ball out and bounces her doll when I'm doing it for James. The first time she did it, I wasn't even on the ball with James, she was just playing and I came into the room and there she was bouncing the doll. It was so cute. She just adores James these days. She wants to help so much. Sometimes she will lay on the floor and make him smile like crazy, and if she leaves, James totally cries. Other times she is practically sitting on his head or being not so gentle and waking him up. You can see she is going shhhh in the picture. Don't mind our post church oufits.



Phew, I'm going to bed!

4 comments:

whitney said...

Ali on the ball is without a doubt the cuttest picture I have ever seen! Especially with you and James right behind her.

Rashelle said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. James is sure growing up fast since the last time I saw him. I like the ball picture, I still use it sometimes with Melia, its a great idea.

Alysha Sladek said...

yeah for a new post!! that's a great pic w/ the ball. sooo cute that she's copying that! sounds like a fun summer!

Anonymous said...

ohh i miss you guys... life goes on without me ha ha especially with your 2 lil ones! They are sooo cute and I can't wait to hang out again. I don't know I may need a break before I get my own!! Counting down soon, tell Alli to brace herself I know it will change her world HA HA