Thursday, July 12, 2007

my little trip

Ok, here's waaaay to many pictures of our trip to Raymond. Had so much fun hangin out with family and friends and eating, eating, eating. Had a girls night with Britt and Jacklyn and Lyndsey (stayed out waaaay to late of course.) All of Derek's family was around and all mine minus Peter. Alli had lots of fun with cousins. And James got LOTS of cuddles from friends, aunts, unlce's, grandma's grandpa's, great grandma's and grandpa's and cousins. Oh, and Alli got her first "haircut" Just a little trim off the back from Jacklyn, can't believe I have no pics of the moment.

So in no particular order...

Here's Alli and Lucy in their matching dresses from Grandma.



Hanging out in the pool. Alli loved it of course. And so did Susie and I. I didn't get any pictures of the "wheat box" My mom got one of those kiddie sandboxes and filled it with wheat. Best idea ever!



Alli on our trip to Waterton. That cold water really didn't seem to bother her. I guess she's just real tough like here mama!



In the moment I thought the messy face was cute...later, not so much.



This bear crossed the road right in front of us on our way to Cameron Lake!



While we were having our picnic, these people were loading in their peddle boat. Of course Alli was right into it, helping herself to a lifejacket and all. We lucked out that even though they live in Ontario, my parents ended up kinda knowing them (everyone has a conection to Raymond) So they let us take Alli for a ride. Alli even insisted (cried) to go for a ride in the boat with the unknown man. Suddenly she wasn't so clingly.



Grandma hiding James in there.



Alli riding dad the horse.



Cousin Ava and Alli eating popsicles. I should have stripped Alli down like Ava, those popsicle stains are a killer.



James and his purple lips from the thrush medicine.



Yay the parade! I think the kids got more candy at the parade than they do at Halloween. All the Baldry grankids watching.



We went to Derek's 10 year high school reunion. For some reason they always have a float in the parade. You can't really see Derek on there, but he's there.



Derek's grandma and grandpa Hicken were the honorary parade marshalls. I don't know what that means, but that's what they were. Not bad for an 88 year old guy to be riding a horse. And of course Granma Hicken rockin wiht her band!




Derek was gone for some of the week to his glacier climbing scout camp by Banff.



So there it is. I must also note that I could not resist staying away from the Raymond Road Race. I "ran" the 5km. It was my second time running since my csection 6 and a half weeks prior. It was fun to run it with no pressure just to have fun. I'll also note that Derek won his category, my dad got 3rd in his and (though it is debateable) my mom got 2nd in hers. And yes mom you beat me it might have only been by one second, but you did beat me.

Phew, hope you made it through all the pics of the last couple posts. They take forever to load. I am just sweltering in the heat here. South facing apartment, not good. It's a killer up here, it's gonna cool down to a chilly 20 degrees overnight. The lovely sun has not quite set as I write this after 10pm and will up be at 5am to start warming again.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Oh, it looks like you had so much fun! I'm jealous! I love Alli's face in the pic w/ the Baldry cousins at the parade. She looks really concerned. haha Maybe next year we'll both be able to blog pictures of us together at the parade or something. I can't believe you still ran this year. You're nuts!

whitney said...

How dare you call my kid a monster! Well, I guess he kinda is. But a cute monster! I didn't realize you were staying down for so long, sad I couldn't have seen you more and partaken in the girls night. Any sugar bowl action? Got yourself a handsom little man there!