Monday, June 19, 2006

happy father's day















I've said it before, and it's true, Alli is a daddy's girl. He can make her giggle way harder than I can, even if I do all the same stuff he does. She just cracks up for him. Alli watches him walk around while she is sitting on the floor or in her toys. Then as soon as he gets close she goes crazy kicking and waving until he picks her up. He even asked me last week if I read to her everyday. He thought this was important to do, (as do I) but I had to break it to him that everytime I try the book is in her mouth in about half a second. If I try to read another one while she is chewing on the first, she just wants the new one. You know how it goes with a teething baby.

Derek is such a good dad. It came so naturally to him. I guess that's what happens in a family of 8 kids. He really is already awesome with Alli, and I know he's just going to get better. Derek is so patient with me and never loses his temper, which will really come in handy with a teenage daughter someday. He loves Alli so much and is proud of her. I could go on and on...

We went for a walk yesterday, and I wanted to get some pictures along the way. I thought we would just walk over to the park, but after we got started, we decided to go over to Peterson's house (Derek's dads cousin) and take some in their backyard (pictures with them on the next post). Since our walk was just going to be short when we left, and I am still a rookie mother, I brought nothing. As we were walking and the sun was shining, (finally a nice day) Derek was so concerned about Alli's bare arms and legs and no hat or sunscreen, she didn't even have shoes on (it was about 6pm and so beautiful out) He thought she was too hot, then maybe cold, then bored because we were walking too long and talking to eachother and not to her. It was so cute, such a concerned dad. So here are a few of the first of many more years of Father's Day pictures.










Alli was loving the dog. Caught a few good smiles this time, not as serious as the last post!






























And I can't forget about my dad. This list is endless, he is so many things to me. I have learned so SO much from him, just by watching him live his life. I started typing to say a few, but I didn't want t leave anything out because there is just too much. I'll just pick one, and that he always put his kids first. For him, that was huge. He was so busy in his life when us kids were growing up, but we never knew it because he was always there, he did everything. He even took all the pictures, this is the only I have in my collection that is just the 2 of us. I love it!





















And since I missed out on telling my mom how awesome she is on Mother's Day on the blog, I'll tell her now with this picture I found while looking. The quality is not so hot, but you get the idea, us girls, we were hot! I love my mom so much. I only picked one thing for my dad so the one thing for my mom is how she just gives gives gives of herself.



That was hard, I have a million more, but I gotta go. Makin food for the oiler's party tonight! GO OILIERS!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Father's day for Alli and Derek. Alli is so lucky! And the tribute to Dad & Mom was very nice. I think we say it is a Steed thing, not to express our feelings verbally very often. So good for the blog tribute, dito!
GO OILERS GO!

Anonymous said...

OH that was me SUSIE
Just so you know
As if you wouldn't.. who's your #1 blogger fan!

Anonymous said...

i was excited to see that it was updated and the pics darling as usual.i check it on a regular bases i have alot of time on my hands these days and its fun to see all the little kids that we miss soooooo much. tell derek im sorry about the oilers we just finished watching the game.

whitney said...

So cute. I'm going to miss seeing her - and you guys. You have to start posting more or emailing me pictures so I can still see Alli.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»