Saturday, April 29, 2006

farewell

After 4 years of school my sister Brooke is moving to Grande Prairie. Why to Grande Prairie you may ask. No, it is not her life long dream to move up even further north to an even colder place, it's for an internship. It's only for 3 months and then maybe she will be back here, and maybe not. I can't believe it's been 4 years. Brooke moved up here right after Derek and I got married and to tell you the truth, I thought Derek would be finished his school right about now as well. But it is not so. He's got one degree he just finished, hooray! But not too much life has to offer with a phys. ed. degree, so it is on to an after degree in education this fall (we hope). Derek has applied to a couple of schools here in Edmonton and one in B.C. I'm secretly hoping he only gets into BC so we can move there. Of course, U of A would be great and very convenient even though I am sick of them. (I don't know who "them" is, but I'm sick of them) I'd be just as happy if he went to U of A as long as he doesn't play football, I'm about spent with that. So back to the post here, best of luck to Brooke moving away. At least she gets to move in with cousin Sarah and her husband and kids. Here's a couple pictures we took the other night. The 3 girls have been together in Edmonton for 4 years, and now we're getting split apart. (probably just temporary, but I didn't take any other pictures this week.) I thought maybe we could have a girls night out but I guess that would mean one of her last nights here not being able to hang out with Brett (her boyfriend). So we got together and had Chinese food.
Oh yeah, how could I forget! Brooke got her new car. She was just a bit excited if you didn't notice. My parents picked it up in Calgary and brought it up. They had to leave the next morning, but they got to play with Alli for a bit and be here to pick up the chinese bill.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I wasn't sad about Brooke leaving til I read the blog. I must be sentimental on Sunday. I can't believe it has been four years we've ALL been up here. I totally remember year one with Brookie up here. It has been so great, we are so lucky that we have been so close, and so many memories. Ahhh Well let's be honest Brooke will be back like every other weekend, and hopefully we get to see her (not just the boyfriend, as we like to call him. Yeah to G.P
p.s we hope Brookie feels better she got the flu today.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I haven't seen Brooke since I left Canada, and I would never in a million years have recognized her. Hmm... I guess people do change in 11 years!

Just Rhonda said...

awww. I'm sad Brooke is goign way up north too. Especially since we are coming home soon. Cool that she got a car finally too. Cute photos of you guys.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»