(here he is on his new scooter wearing his new jordans and sportin his new rondo jersey from grandma karie, you better believe he can name the whole celtics team)
(we didn't have cake on is birthday, he wanted smores, so he blew out a marshmallow)
So here is 10 things about my favorite little boy ever on Tuesday
1. James loves all things sports. ALL of it. He will be out shooting the basketball rain or shine everyday. He asks Derek to some sort of something sporty everyday. Catch, football, basketball, soccer, running. Yep, Derek is the best dad and even takes James for runs. He is on a pretty tight training schedule, ha! At least he can back it up and is a good little athlete already! ( my blog, i'll brag if i want to)
2. He is so easy going. James loves to play with other kids (or teenagers) so he will play whatever they are playing. From Lego to Barbies, he'll do it all and have a great time.
3. James is so likeable. If you know him, you just have to love him. I don't know what it is about him, but you just want to eat him up even when he drives me CRAZY I just want to grab him and snuggle him tight.
4. His imaginary world. Oh my heavens, well he has been to Australia, he is 24 years old, he is faster than you, and he did it 27 more times than you, he invented it, he's eaten it, you saw a bear in Waterton, well he saw an alligator, the score of the game was 4-2 no 6-1 no 17-0, it goes on and on... I'm not sure he lives in reality,but I just can't burst that bubble yet.
(another form of a football cake for the friend party)
5. Little girls play pretend and dress ups and house. James plays pretend hockey practise, basketball tournaments and football games. He packs his bag with clothes and equipment goes and plays a game or whatever tells me the score has me watch. Cutest.
6. He is so independent. It makes me a little sad sometimes that he doesn't need me for so many things. But I am so happy he is growing up into a good boy. James don't you dare grow up into that stinky 10 year old who thinks dumb things are funny!
7. He loves his dad. What boy doesn't right?! No matter what I am doing he pretty much would rather be doing anything else with Derek. He copies Derek so much. Some days James gets dressed and puts on a belt, puts his toy phone and wallet in his pocket to be like Derek. He is begging to run the 10k race this year! Note #4, he can totally do it...in fact he's done it before.
8. He loves Justin Beiber. He'll be like mom turn on the Biebs! He tries so hard to sing along and it is hilarious.
9. Still sleeps in like a champ. Sometimes it's annoying, like we had to drag him out of bed at 8:50 on Sunday for 9:00 church, but usually I love it! My kids wake up 1 at a time these days and it's good. It really eases me into to the whole getting out of bed thing (insert Derek rolling his eyes at me here, but really, he is just super jealous)
10. James is so kind. He is really nice to kids younger than him, and loves to help kids in new situations when he knows the drill. There are a couple kids in his church class who have physical handicaps. The girl is really tiny and he just holds her hand or even puts his arm around her to help, melts me. He does get super shy sometimes in new situations especially when there are lots of adults around. I don't know why, Derek said he was kinda like that as a kid. It's weird when he gets all clingy cause he hardly ever is and I never know what to do.
Anyway, I just love my James. He is a ball of energy from when he jumps out of bed right to when he is singing Justin Bieber or Britney Spears laying in bed at night. What a kid. Here are some soccer pics my dad got the other day at his game. He is loving it.