Monday, May 24, 2010

happy happy day!

James turned the big #3 on May 14th!



He wanted a Diego cake and I didn't want to get into that. So a few days before I started to give him a few ideas like a farm or a football...and that is as far as I got. He wanted a football cake. Yippee, for me! So I added a few various balls for extra eats. We had a wiener roast in the backyard and just played all afternoon. It was the best day, so sunny and warm, and the kids just played and played.



And yes, if you recall he did have a football jersey cake last year with a backyard wiener roast and I sure hope we can do it again next year!



We got him a new 2 wheel bike and he has been riding it pretty good but he much prefers his training wheels on the ol one. So I won't push the 2 wheeler but it sure is fun to see him go on that bike. I only have pictures on Derek's phone of him riding it, so maybe next time.



Well, a little bit about this James boy.
-he will talk your ear off and tell any thought that comes in his head
-therefore, he is a 'storyteller' of the untrue nature...
-he loves soccer and baseball and football and basketball and all that
-also loves dressups and dolls and most things Alli likes
-he is such a good brother to Alli, most of the time...
-he has a neighbor friend across the street and they are inseparable some days, it's cute. they crack me up and also make me nervous with what they think they are capable of.
-favorite foods are hot dogs, hamburgers, sushi, pickles, milk, vegetables and fruit and well most everything. oh and SODA!
-bike rides to the park are his favorite thing to do these days, he likes the bike ride over more than the park lately
-if dad is around, he wants dad and rarely me
-loves to sing and dance. his fav songs right now are anything black eyed peas and the beatles
-he has been wearing shorts pretty much everyday for the last 2 months or so minus some church days (not all...) I think there was a day or 2 of sweatpants in there, but not on the snow days
-speaking of, he dresses himself everyday. it is just not worth trying to get him to wear what I want, hence the shorts. So if you saw me around town with a child in shorts with boots in the snow, well, don't judge, he said he was hot.
-he's getting better now that we spend a lot of time outside, but he changes his clothes up to 6 or 7 times a days, not cool in the laundry department

Ok, that's a good enough list for now. James is such a great kid. He makes me laugh everyday. He makes the funniest facial expressions. I just can't get enough of him. I want to cuddle him every day for the rest of his life, so far he still lets me so I will do!



We had a ridiculously fun weekend visiting Susie for a while and then in Okotoks with Brooke and Brady bustin' on their family, but I'm actually related so it was all good! We 'camped' on his parents acreage. I got my camera out on Saturday morning and my battery was dead and so was Brooke's. So sad because there was quading, and dirt biking, and sleeping in the trailer and campfires, and garage saleing (i scored by the way) and a petting zoo and everything in between!

Phew. I'm done.

15 comments:

whitney said...

What did you score at the garage sale?

We love James! Roman is looking over my shoulder and is excited he is in a picture. And now he wants to play with your kids...

The Byams said...

we wish you guys wouls have stayed longer!!! i iwas a blast!

KellyLady said...

sounds like a great party and week!
James is so cute! Love the shorts in snow - I get the "I'm hot" comment all the time! Maybe it's a boy thing?

Susie said...

you already know I am jealous of your steals. Seriously the weather better be nice so we can partay when I come down to let your kids entertain mine, or I pretty much plan on having naps daily, either way ya in. I can always on a chat with James about pretty much nothing. LOVE that kid! I think he looks like you with his big huge smile and his cake. I can see a lot of sports themes in this kids future.

Oler Family said...

Oh my goodness james is sooo cute! I love his big smile with his birthday cake!. The cake is adorable too.

mindy said...

James is pretty much adorable. I can't wait to see you guys this weekend. And I need to know what you scored at the garage sale.

Jacklyn said...

Cute little James, I would just make it be a tradition for his b-day, he'll never catch on and if he does you can just say he's extra special. And poor Lily never gets a party cause it's right after Christmas

Em and Tom said...

Cute, Cute, Kid Linz. I love that he dresses himself. When Jay was two he spent an entire winter wearing "team shorts" over his pants.

Stephanie Walburger said...

Oh i love James! he is pretty much the cutest eh! And now that you mention it, everyday I saw him he was wearing shorts! haha. Happy birthday james!!!!

Kristi Drennan said...

I just kinda want to eat that cake. Just sayin'.

Brooke said...

Happy b-day to James...maybe a football cleat for next year.

Jess said...

Happy Birthday to James. He is such a cutie.

Ashley Dawn said...

Can't believe how fast these kids grow up! Happy Birthday! Sorry that it's been so long since I've written. Life's been hectic... but hopefully I'll be back in the blogging world now!

Brittany said...

seriously just want to squeeze him!! Never go wrong with any form of ball cake...next year maybe a basketball?

melissa said...

How fun! James is still my secret boyfriend, but don't remind him now or he'll get embarrassed. haha! That kid kills me. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks, and especially after reading your comments on my posts. I think we need some Jacklyn in our lives and some reminiscing asap!!