Monday, August 18, 2008

this is me for today

here's a little something from my new found friend christal. i hope we get to hang out someday!

i've had lots going on in my head these days. just about life in general. i wish i was better with words so i could share my 'profound' thoughts but i'm not great, so here's a little bit of me today.

i am: ME

i think: about my family
i know: where i came from and how blessed i am
i want: to do my very best everyday
i have: the best family ever
i wish: i had more self discipline
i dislike: stinky feet
i miss: my edmonton friends
i fear: for my kids
i feel: a roller coaster of emotions, but am content right now
i hear: quiet. love it, crazy day
i smell: everything, i have superhuman smell, this is not a good thing as a mother and nurse.
i crave: one of those homemade buns i had today
i usually: smile
i search: for a lot of things these days, my mom's house is just too big compared to the ol' apartment
i wonder: about the future
i regret: the color of green we just painted alli's room
i love: derek and all the rest
i care: about others' feelings
i always: have polish on my toenails
i worry: i'm not doing things right
i am not: easily stressed
i remember: i am surrounded everyday by amazing people who love me
i believe: i have a purpose here and i since there isn't an i hope: i hope i am fulfilling my purpose
i dance: with my kids
i sing: to my kids
i don’t always: iron things that should be ironed
i argue: on occasion
i write: here
i win: try not to keep track of that too much or i might argue more than just occasionally
i lose: my patience
i never: thought i'd be going through what i am right now..
i listen: to my ipod.
i don't understand: math
i can usually be found: crusin around with the kids in the bike
i am scared: ...

and since it's about me, how about a picture. i never put up self portraits. probably because i never take them. but here it is. this is me right now at 1 in the morning all a mess and using the camera timer.

9 comments:

Susie said...

you are one hot mama... blondie. i can picture you cruisin with the kids and maybe some fightin too.

KellyLady said...

such a fun post!

Brooke said...

Well, if your regretting painting Alli's room green, maybe you should check in on Alli's painting abilities or contract Pete go for something similar to the paint job behind you in your pic. By the way, looking good even at 1am.

Christal said...

Love this post its kind of fun to do and evaluate what comes to mind first eh! We all have some of the same feeling and thoughts about life. It was fun to read more about you.
Would love to hang out sometime too!!
And BTW you are so pretty even at 1am!
Well hope your having a good week so far {even if it is 100 degrees eh to hot for me!!} ttyl

Tisha said...

Man, I wish I looked that good at 1 pm let alone 1 am!

melissa said...

Aw, Linds...I love you! This is why we've been friends since the 3rd grade. I don't know why, but this post made me really miss you.

Alysha Sladek said...

love the hair ;) great post!!

Jaime said...

You look super cute-that is the longest I have ever seen your hair. I love the post, I will probably steal it and do it on my blog too:)

joelle said...

lindsey!
you're so adorable; i know i barely know you...but we're related so i think i can just say whatever, right? haha. but i hope, when i'm an adult, i'm still cute, like you =) love joelle